Assignments & Exercises
- Course Information System
- Language translators
- Linked lists
- Panther Pantry
- Web Log Project
- Zoo Project
Course Information System
- Define syntax and semantics.
- Describe the function of high-level language translators: interpreters and compilers.
- Outline the use of software development tools. Examples include database management systems, macros, CASE tools and simple language translators, HTML and webpage editors, code editors, and visual IDEs.
- Read about the
- Examine the
Nodeclass documentation. Modify your
Nodeclass (or create a new version) which complies with the documentation.
- Run the
Nodeclass. Revise your class as necessary to gain compliance with the model output.
- Submit a printed copy of your (revised)
Nodeclass complete with Javadoc comments.
Problem Decomposition. An
Items from a file, one
Item per line, and produces a receipt sorted and subtotalled by department. Write a series of increasingly sophisticated programs which solves this problem:
- Read raw data from tokenized file and write
Itemdata (not with
toString) to a data file.
- Read the data file into an array of
- Sort the array.
- Process the array, subtotalling as the department changes.
- Produce receipt.
Web Log Project
[This page last updated 2020-12-23 at 12h11 Toronto local time.]
© 2007–2021 Hersch, Bear & Company Limited. All rights reserved. “Grammar Authority,” “grammarauthority.com,” “touque.ca,” and “Canada’s Thinking Cap” are trademarks of Hersch, Bear & Company Limited. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.