Learning skills and work habits
- fulfils responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment;
- completes and submits class work, homework, and assignments according to agreed-upon timelines;
- takes responsibility for and manages own behaviour.
- devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks;
- establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals;
- identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
- independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals;
- uses class time appropriately to complete tasks;
- follows instructions with minimal supervision.
- accepts various roles and an equitable share of work in a group;
- responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others;
- builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships through personal and media-assisted interactions;
- works with others to resolve conflicts and build consensus to achieve group goals;
- shares information, resources, and expertise and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning;
- demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks;
- demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning;
- approaches new tasks with a positive attitude;
- recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others.
- sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them;
- seeks clarification or assistance when needed;
- assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests;
- identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve goals;
- perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.
Source: Growing Success: Assessment, evaluation, and reporting in Ontario schools (First Edition, Covering Grades 1 to 12) 2010. Toronto: Queen’s Printer for Ontario. ISBN 978-1-4435-2285-4.
[This page last updated 2012-02-02 at 21h32 Toronto local time.]
© 2007–2018 Hersch, Bear & Company Limited. All rights reserved. “Grammar Authority,” “grammarauthority.com,” “touque.ca,” and “Canada’s Thinking Cap” are trademarks of Hersch, Bear & Company Limited. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.